7.14.2016

three

In the beginning, it was just sex.

Danny and I mutually decided it was best to keep it that way for now. Danny didn't want to be in a serious committed relationship, and truthfully, neither did I. I knew I was playing with fire though. Danny is Matt's brother, and those two are pretty much attached at the hip. So since I was always with Tori... I was guaranteed to see him way more than I needed to. Seeing him interact with his brother, and how he sweet he was to Tori melted my heart. He genuinely was such a sweetheart. I knew I was starting to have feelings for him, but I pushed them aside.

We were eventually spending every free minute together. Danny would come and pick me up before meeting up with Matt and Tori. He would come over and help me prep things if everyone was coming to my house. He paid a lot more attention to me than any of my exes ever did, and he was just a friend that I banged occasionally all the time.

In the beginning, Tori was so sketched out by the idea of us being together. She harassed us individually, and then together. I get where she was coming from though. She's been through so much and I know she would kill Danny if he even tried any of that shit with me. When she finally decided that she approved, it made us both think differently about what we were doing. Did we feel the same way about each other.. did we want to be in a fully committed relationship.. the answers to all of those questions was yes.

The first time Danny called me his girlfriend, I punched him. We were at the liquor store, stocking up for the weekend festivities. The cashier was flirting so hard with Danny. He gets both female and male attention everywhere we go...went... anyways she was clearly infatuated with him. She was talking up a storm about her weekend plans, and asked Danny what his were... completely ignoring my existence.

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to his side. "My girlfriend and I are having some friends over to our cottage. A nice relaxing booze filled weekend." He looked down at me, winked and kissed my forehead. I was stunned by the comment so I just smiled awkwardly.

Until this point, I'm pretty sure she thought I was his little sister. The poor girl turned so red as she started packing the bags quickly, and rushed us out of the store. When we got outside, Danny started laughing uncontrollably, and I punched him in the arm. He's double my size though, so he didn't even flinch.

"You're an ass." I said, starting to laugh.

"Oh shut up. You loved seeing that look on her face."

I didn't respond, I was too busy loading the bottles into Danny's truck. We were on the road before either one of us spoke again.

"It's not like it's such a horrible thing to be my girlfriend."

I chose my words wisely. "I'm sure it isn't."

"So.. like.. what do you think?"

"About what?"

"Being my girlfriend?"

I immediately felt my face heat up. We had only ever discussed this once before, and we were extremely intoxicated.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"Oh." He was so deflated.

"It's not that I wouldn't love it.. I just think we have such a good thing going right now."

"True."

"I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship either. We've become so close."

"Also true."

"What if things didn't work out.. who get's Matt and Tori in the divorce?" I tried to lighten the mood.

Danny cracked a smile and reached his hand over the console. I put my hand in his and he spoke again. "You can't think about what ifs. You have to be willing to take the plunge. If it's something you're willing to explore than why not try it out. You already know how I feel about you Jenn, I think you're the most beautiful person inside and out. You're smart, kind, sweeter than shit. We know each other better than anyone else."

He paused, and I just looked at him. I knew I wanted to say yes, but in that moment I just wanted to kiss him. So I did.

"Plus, Matt and Tori would be mine. I have a blood relation. Although, she did threaten to kill me if I ever hurt you.."

I couldn't contain my laughter. Picturing Tori trying to attack this huge man was the funniest thing. I did appreciate her looking out though. "Yea, she's a tough cookie. You better watch yourself."

"So.."

"What?"

"Are we gonna do this?"

I nodded and kissed him again.

xx
Jenn

2 comments :

  1. Reading this makes me so happy, but then sad because we 'know' how it ends. :(

    ReplyDelete